Get the most out of your hydroponic plants.
Hydroponics is one of the best ways to grow plants indoors because it has so many benefits. You get to grow basically any kind of plant with less mess and harvesting becomes much easier. But as with any indoor gardening method, there are some hacks that will allow you to maximize your yields. Of course, the results will still depend on the type of plant you plan to grow, the number, and resources, but there are general tips that you can follow. And without further ado, here are five ways to maximize your hydroponic yields:
1. The inside of your grow room or grow tent should have reflective sheeting. Gorilla Grow Tents, for example, use diamond reflective technology that allows the light to get distributed evenly to all your plants. This allows the space to maintain the right temperature as well. With the right climate, plants tend to grow a lot faster.
2. Pick the best LED grow lights that are perfect for the size and number of your hydroponic garden. Make sure that the lighting units have adjustable spectrums for both the vegetative and flowering stages. LEDs are highly recommended because they emit less heat and are energy-efficient.
3. Use an air pump and air stones to make sure that the nutrients of your plants and oxygenation of your reservoir are done correctly. Most hydroponic systems already come with these so it shouldn’t be a problem. Some brands offer durable pumps that run quietly but are extremely powerful.
4. Get an automatic pH dosing pump to maintain the pH levels. This will also make sure that the most essential nutrients will reach your plants.
5. Don’t forget to give your plants the right nutrients. As for storing them, keep them in a dry, dark space to avoid degradation. Do not store them in places where they can be exposed to sunlight!
Need to buy a new hydroponic system for your growing indoor garden? Check out ChampionLED.com and choose from a variety of brands and other indoor gardening tools.